Health, Safety and Environmental Management Aldbrough Underground Gas Storage Project
- take the project from construction to commissioning phase;
- develop safety management procedures;
- conduct incident investigations;
- liaise with SSE corporate safety management; and
- carry out community liaison works.
CDM Co-ordinator and Site Safety Manager Pulverised Coal Ash Injection Plant
Steel River Consultants provided CDMC and Site Safety Manager services to support Siemens in providing new coal handling and storage, coal preparation, heating and drying, and injection facilities. Steel River Consultants’ support has included:
- Establishment and development of project CDM risk register.
- Input into technical safety review process, e.g. HAZOP, ATEX, COMAH requirements.
- Preparation and development of a construction phase Health and Safety plan and site procedures.
- Regular liaison with existing SSI site operations.
Safety Adviser – Wind Farm Risk Assessments
Steel River Consultants reviewed the potential risks associated with operating a wind farm within close proximity to a major leisure facility and occupied caravan site. During the risk assessment Steel River Consultants reviewed the potential of issues such as:
- ice throw,
- lightning, and
- turbine failure.
Click here for more information.
Construction Design and Management Co-ordination - Rassau Wind Farm
- Preparation of the site for installation including earthworks and excavation, and concreting and foundation works.
- On-site civil works and design risk assessment
- Turbine erection and installation, electrical testing, energisation and commissioning.
- Development, delivery and on-site enforcement of health and safety requirements.
Construction and Design Management Co-ordination and Project Safety Advice – Humber Gateway Wind Farm
Steel River Consultants are providing CDMC and project safety advice services to E.ON Climate and Renewables UK to support them in the discharge of their CDM and health and safety responsibilities. Involvement on the project has included:
- Preparation of a high level Occupational Health & Safety Management System.
- Identification of CDM processes and standards.
- Identification of solutions to aid safe fabrication, transport, installation, operation and maintenance.
- Development of an Offshore Works Construction Phase Health and Safety Plan.
Construction and Design Management Co-ordination – South Tyne and Wear Waste Management Partnership
Steel River Consultants were appointed by SITA to undertake the role of CDM Co-ordinator on behalf of the South Tyne and Wear Waste Management Partnership.
This support has included liaison and review across all design disciplines involving architectural, civils, structural, mechanical and electrical packages to ensure appropriate account has been taken of health and safety aspects in construction, operation, maintenance and future demolition.
Click here for more information on how Steel River Consultants supported Tyne and Wear Waste Management Partnership.
Construction Design Management Co-ordination – New Warlands Farm
Steel River Consultants worked closely with the design architects and the NEAS to ensure the highest levels of effective CDM Co-ordination were applied throughout phase 2 of the New Warlands Farm project.
Phase 2 consists of a full refurbishment/fit out of the currently unoccupied first floor space to include:
- Construction of additional offices and classrooms
- Installation of windows
- Construction of a mezzanine floor
- Installation of a lift
Proactive dialogue was established throughout the planning stages with the design team through design co-ordination workshops and meetings, alongside interfacing with NEAS. To find out more click here.
Teesside Offshore Wind Farm
Providing full safety management support to the project management team.
Fallago Rigg Onshore Windfarm
CDM Co-ordinator and safety support.
Burnfoot Onshore Windfarm
Fairfield Onshore Windfarm
Thanet Offshore Windfarm
Onsite health and safety support.
Lynn & Inner Dowsing Offshore Wind Farm
Onsite health and safety support Centrica.
Greater Gabbard Offshore Wind Farm
Lifting company assessment.
Rusholme Onshore Windfarm
Safety manager EDF.
French Offshore Windfarm
Diving procedures and guidance.
Industry safety booklet.
PV Solar Farms.
Health and Safety CDM Training.