September 2011- September 2012
In a joint venture with Statoil, SSE developed the UK’s largest (330million cubic metres) onshore gas storage facility. This was achieved by leaching salt deposits and replacing them with gas under pressure.
Delivering Health Safety & Environment support
Steel River Consultants provided Health, Safety and Environment management support to:
- take the project from construction to commissioning phase
- develop safety management procedures
- conduct incident investigations
- liaise with SSE corporate safety management and
- carry out community liaison works
There are very few gas storage projects within the UK and the Health Safety & Environment management of gas storage facilities brings new challenges and regulations to be adhered to. Steel River Consultants have successfully ensured the delivery of a safe and successful project.