March 2012 – Ongoing
The Humber Gateway project involves the design and construction of a new offshore wind farm located approximately 8km from the coast of East Yorkshire. The wind farm site will cover an area of approximately 35km2, and will be situated in water depths of around 15m.
Its offshore infrastructure will include 73 V112 3.0MW Vestas wind turbine generators with a maximum total generating capacity of 219MW (enough energy to power up to 170,000 homes).
Delivering Constrution Design Management and Project Lead Safety Adviser services
Steel River Consultants are providing Construction Design Management Coordination and project safety advice services to E.ON Climate and Renewables UK to support them in the discharge of their Construction Design Management and health and safety responsibilities.
This is a challenging project with complex interface issues and a multinational design, supply and construction installation team.
Involvement on the project has included:
- Preparation of a high level Occupational Health & Safety and Strategy Management System for the project.
- Identification of CDM processes and standards including development of a project Construction Design Management matrix to identify work package responsibilities and interfaces under CDM.
- Attendance and input into safety review processes e.g. HAZID, HAZOP, HAZCON.
- Assistance in the identification of solutions to aid safe fabrication, transport, installation and operation and maintenance.
- Development of an Offshore Works Construction Phase Health and Safety Plan and safety procedures on behalf of E.ON Climate and Renewables UK in their role of Principal Contractor for the offshore construction and installation works.